1. Clothes, clothes, clothes: You may know that all of Elise's clothes were stolen. We had packed a big bag of stuff this summer for my mom and sis to bring over, and while my sister was working in Austin, she went to SA to pick it up so my mom wouldn't have to be charged extra for baggage on her flight from SA to Houston. Well, while she was in Austin, someone bashed in 3 of her windows and stole the bag, which was covered up, out of the back of her car. Terrible. Well, I ordered a few things online, and mom and jess shopped a ton, and now she has more clothes than she can wear. We feel really blessed, and she is no longer squeezing into her newborn onesies anymore.
2. Touring the Country: While we didn't get to see everything, we did make it to a few of our favorite spots. We went to the Maasser Cedars, the Kefraya Vineyards, Eddie Sands and Byblos, and ate at some of our favorite restaurants including El Molino, Bread Republic, Al Balad, and had atomic fondant at La Rouge. Because I had pretty bad morning sickness throughout my pregnancy, it had been a long time since I could eat at my favorite places and actually enjoy it. Food never tasted so good!!
3. Work, work, work...well, only a little :). I got to show Mom and Jess where I work and they met all the great people I see everyday. We had a traditional Lebanese breakfast together, complete with my favorite, Makdous (stuffed marinated eggplant), and I gave Jess a quick tour of the camp. Mom had her first Nescafe a la Huda, and she loved it.
Here are a couple of pics from our time together. Miss you guys!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=155495&id=678013697&ref=nf
No comments:
Post a Comment