Wow. How in the world did I get to be this old? I am thankful, don't get me wrong, but I mean I never thought my 20's would end. I think 30's are gonna be better in soooo many ways...family life, more stability, etc, but there is just something about being in your twenties that is so fun. It is a decade crammed full of spontaneity, randomness, growing, stretching and learning. Here are my top 10 things I have done so far in my twenties, some with the approximate age I was at the time:
1. Married the most amazing person and my very best friend, and we have been attached at the hip every single day since (23, almost 24).
2. Had the most beautiful baby girl who I adore (28)
3. Moved to Beirut (26)
4. Graduated from Baylor (22)
5. Learned/ am still learning Arabic (26 to the present)
6. Ran 2 full marathons (Austin (25) and Beirut (27) ) and 3 half marathons (Austin (25), Berlin (27), and Beirut (27, almost 28) )
7. Lived with some of the most amazing people in the world with whom I have countless stories of ridiculousness: Brook, Rebecca, Megan, Sara, Ashley, Steph, Jordan, Dawn, Amy, John, and now Elise :) )
8. Had tons of random jobs, all with purpose and learning experience: Elite Cafe, Gratziano's, Diamond Backs, Victoria's Secret, Common Grounds, The Olive Branch, Antioch Community Church, CDK, Inma, Mom :)
9. lived through many war-like scenarios
10. Outside of moving overseas, I have also traveled to Morocco, Germany, Sudan, Dubai, Syria, France, and most recently Thailand. All amazing.
still have one more year to close out this decade. I will say I have tried to make the most of this season of life. This is one piece of advice I would give to anyone entering your twenties...make the most of it. Run hard and run fast. You may never have this much energy again. Love God, love people, and learn what that means for your life. He has a plan for you and he loves watching you figure it out as he unfolds it bit by bit. Let him build a solid foundation in you these years that will last you a lifetime.
enough thinking for now, gotta go get the baby :)

No comments:
Post a Comment