Monday, December 7, 2009
Paci Wars
Oh, the pacifier. How we love it and hate it. Elise was doing pretty well for a while taking the pacifier and falling asleep with it, but quickly spitting it out. It wouldn't wake her up, but she would stay asleep just making cute little sucking noises and staying asleep. Now, however, it is like her worst nightmare. Everytime i put it in her mouth, she acts like I am torturing her. Mercy. She is getting too old and too big for us to walk her around and rock her to sleep, and now that she can consistently sleep 8 hours at a time, she needs to learn to soothe herself to sleep. However, I am stumped at how to help her do this if she won't take the pacifier. I don't want to get her addicted to the paci, but I also don't want her to scream for an hour everytime I put her down for a nap or for bedtime. One little trick I use sometimes is to put her Vitamin D drops on the end to keep her sucking on it for a while, at least long enough to fall asleep. She loves the drops, probably because they taste like sugar syrup. All you moms out there, any more ideas??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment